Anthropology concentrators pursue a diverse range of topics and places that covers every time period from the pre-historical to the present, and every major world area. Recent senior honors thesis have investigated:
- The emergence of the alt-right on Twitter
- Infant Sacrifice at the Phoenician Tophets
- The Bangladeshi Shipbreaking Industry
- The impact of neoliberalism on a Boston experimental art collective
- Sustainability in Maine's coastal cities
- Moralization of mental health in contemporary Shanghai
The requirements for honors eligibility are distinguished by program. In Social Anthropology certain honors recommendations are possible without a thesis, but not to students pursuing the combined track in Archaeology and Social Anthropology. In Archaeology, honors recommendations require a thesis.