The Department of Anthropology seeks applications for one College Fellow in the field of Economic Anthropology. The appointment is expected to begin on August 1, 2020. Teaching duties will include three undergraduate courses, with 25% of the appointment reserved for the Fellows’ own research. Fellows will be expected to evaluate senior theses in accordance with Departmental practice and may also advise a senior thesis and help organize workshops.
The appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year, contingent on performance, position availability, curricular need, and divisional dean authorization.
Basic Qualifications: Doctorate or terminal degree in Anthropology or related discipline required by the expected start date and must have been received no earlier than 2016.
Additional Qualifications: Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching is desirable.
Please submit the following materials through the application portal by April 15, 2020:
- A cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching statement describing your teaching philosophy, goals, methods, and prior experience
- Teaching materials, including representative course syllabi and evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. teaching awards and evaluations)
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once you have submitted your application. Three letters are required, and the application is considered complete only when at least three letters have been received.
- Applicable only for those candidates who have not yet received the Ph.D.: A letter from your advisor confirming that you will receive your Ph.D. by the expected start date
Harvard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Special Instructions: Detailed requirements, position information, and a link to the online application are available at https://facultyresources.fas.harvard.edu/college-fellows-program. Complete applications, including letters of reference, must be submitted no later than April 15, 2020.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact Information: Office for Faculty Affairs, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Harvard University
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org